Saturday, January 15, 2005

The Power of Purpose

Martin Luther King once said, "If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live." It may sound harsh, but it's true. Without a purpose we perish. Without a vision we're out of commission.

Ask yourself what is your purpose? Do you have a vision that will propel you to succeed? For example, my purpose is to write; to enrich the lives of as many people as I can using my God-given talents. My vision is to inspire the world and make a positive difference in people's lives. This purpose and vision is what inspires me to go on whether I'm having a good day or a bad day; it allows me to stretch beyond myself.

A great way to help find your purpose, if you are still searching, is to ask yourself three simple questions:

1. Who am I?
2. What do I want?
3. What brings me the greatest joy?

Ask yourself these three questions over the course of a week or two in front of the mirror, as you're about to go to sleep, and when you wake up. The answers will come.

Finally, the hero's journey is about following your bliss. Do what you love doing regardless of what other people think. Anyone can take an hour every day doing what they love doing whether it's writing, photography, dancing, running business ventures, acting, opera, crafts, painting, whatever. When you follow your bliss, you will be living on purpose.

www.HeroSoul.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home